Kenya’s Senator Mike Sonko plans to lead 10 million youth to JKIA to block Uhuru from attending the ICC


\sonko1

Nairobi Senator Mike Sonko has said that he is ready to sponsor 10 million youths from all over the country to gather in Nairobi in order to block the way to the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport so that President Uhuru Kenyatta does not have a way to go to the International Criminal Court ( ICC) to attend trial against him.

Addressing the public on his way to Moi Girls Secondary School in Maralal town on Saturday Sonko said he was not afraid of any consequence of such an action adding he is not afraid of the ICC.

“Na mimi siogopi kesi, mimi si Barasa,” (I am not afraid of being sued, I am not like Barasa) Sonko said referring to a recent warrant of arrest issued against former journalist Walter Barasa.

He added that there was no day a serving European president had been taken to court and termed the ICC case against President Kenyatta as outdated and barbaric.

Sonko’s comments were supported by Samburu County Women Representative Maison Leshoomo who said that the entire Samburu community has strongly opposed the issue of President Kenyatta being tried at The Hague. (Bellow is the audio clip of Sonko‘s speech)

By MICHAEL SAITOTI

Advertisements


Categories: Politics

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: